Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ADDING TO THE COLLECTION

I just discovered that the uni library Rare Books section has a whole archive of Australian Home Journal magazines, as far back as this lovely treasure here, from April 1942 (my own, an addition to my ever growing magazine - new and old - collection). I think I know in what form my future procrastinating will take!

Enjoy and bonne nuit!
(or maybe I should be practicing my Italian...buonanotte!)



(These dresses are very similar to Sense and Sensibility's Swing Dress, that the delightful Casey provided a sew-along for. I've made two versions of the Swing Dress, one in red and another in a patterned blue, pink and orange silk. Lovely bright and colourful fabric, purchased from Job Warehouse just before they closed their doors forever - a sad, sad day. Alas, like most of the things I sew, I never really wear it. A result of LOVING vintage clothes but not enough to wear it on a daily basis. Really must rectify this.)


No comments:

Post a Comment