Wednesday, January 16, 2013

THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TO #2

So what would you know? Here I am again, publishing another post! I think, for once, the New Year has come with quite a few changes. For one, there is this and then there is me, awake at the crack of dawn and GOING FOR A WALK! Yes, you heard correct, I, Clare Evanson, willingly did exercise. I have to admit though, that I am doing said exercise in a pair of beaten up old Converse, and the path I choose to take is greatly influenced by the ability to look at all the pretty old houses along the train lines in Kensington. 

But anyway, enough ramblings, onto the post! 

I mentioned in my last post that I had picked up some jewellery from Topshop that reminded me of the type of stuff on display in the British museum. Now whilst I did take plenty of snaps of such items myself, the whole taking a picture of something that is behind class does not often turn out to be images of the highest quality (being able to see my reflection in the image is one such point), so I bring to you today a small selection of the wonderful stuff on display currently at the British Museum, all from different cultures and places, but all wonderfully ancient. And shiny. 

Enjoy.
All images from the British Museum image database: 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

No comments:

Post a Comment