Saturday, February 16, 2013

I DON'T HAVE AN IPHONE

Which means I don't have instagram. I know, I know, I'm missing out on a big part of modern life but meh, I like my Blackberry with its buttons! So until the people at instagram decide to do a version for the old BB, i'll just have to resort to uploading images that I have taken and manually put them on the web myself! 

So here is a nice little collection of life recently.

Got stuck behind this lovely Jaguar along Dandenong Road on my way to work one morning. Whilst admiring it (and realising it was going in the same direction as myself), I figured out that it actually belongs to the Chief Exec of Cabrini from his initials on the number plate!


Dinner of Hwedupbap AKA "sushi in a bowl" at the delightful Sori Cafe in Kensington


Raw pecan pie at Yong Green Food on Brunswick Street


My new boots all wrapped up in their box


Admiring a sideboard at IKEA


Pretty candy stripes


Am planning on making a bit of a garden area in our courtyard, and I think these pots will be needed


Playing dress-ups with all the dresses I own but never wear. This one was made by your truly, a couple of years ago now


Green linen 60s secretarial number, I think purchased from The Vintage Emporium down in Tyabb


Another version of the red one above, made last year. The fabric was purchased from Jobs Warehouse on the last days of business (for Melbournians, it was the dusty, run-down looking fabric store up the top of Burke Street in the city. Intimidating to enter, but it possessed lots of hidden fabric gems! Is sorely missed by the Melbourne (and Victorian) sewing community


And here i am, in the garage, all set up to start making my shirt. I love checks/plaid, but I get very obsessed with making sure it all matches up. So here I am, listening to 1920s Big Band and dance music on YouTube, whilst pinning away to keep the fabric from shifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment